Thursday, May 5, 2011

En Route to Anchorage!

Hi All,
Brad had begun the long flight already, I board shortly and Matt and Christi soon. We'll all be jamming into a large renta-vehicle and arriving late at the Earth B&B. In the morning we'll update you all on the progress.

Word on the "street" is that the night temps low on the mountain are -20F but pretty "warm" days and reasonably clear weather. Some snow has fallen which will make the path softer so that is nice!

We are all leaving behind people we love and care for and this is perhaps the hardest part of any expedition and we send our love to each and every one of them. We promise to be safe and make smart decisions for as Ed Veisturs likes to say "the summit is optional, getting down is mandatory"


More soon!

Stu
Ps
How travel has changed...attached pic of my ipod and mac charging up while I wait so I can work on the plane to Minneapolis!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment